|march 2014 microblog digest|
Posted 2014-06-22 06:41:24 by
Archived from http://twitter.com/mogwai_poet:
- "92% of Afghans have never heard of 9/11. They are presently fighting a war with no history, and no future." talkingatthemovies....
- Horse Head Squirrel Feeder. "Takes arrogant squirrels down a peg!" flickr.com/photos/z...
- Required reading for those of you still under the impression that eating a caloric deficit equates to losing fat. skepchick.org/2014/...
- Voynich manuscript partially decoded: medievalists.net/20...
- @benprunty I want to meet up! ↲
- Dungeon Keeper had a truly bizarre 3D engine. How did they do the naturalistic surface distortion? Something built into the texture mapper?
- @GlennCorpes That's awesome! I love when a great outcome just falls into place like that. ↲
- RT @GlennCorpes .@mogwai_poet The poly routine had no perspective correction (like PS1) and used foreground subdivision to sort of lessen the distortion
- RT @GlennCorpes .@mogwai_poet It also had 'random' vertex offsets for most surfaces and I got very lucky when it combined with the partly-fixed distortion
- RT @GlennCorpes .@mogwai_poet They kind of worked together to make the geometry look denser than it was and the distortion more random. Total lucky break!
- @dunkr Yeah, I was just looking over that guy's blog. Very interesting stuff! ↲
- @steverockan @Fireproof_Barry Looks like affine texture mapping is only half the answer! twitter.com/GlennCo... twitter.com/GlennCo... ↲
- @GlennCorpes @tom_forsyth This is why I always lamented the demo scene switching to hardware 3D -- until fragment shaders came around. ↲
- Here's how you know you're doing Thanksgiving Dinner right: imgur.com/a/0tnPs...
- @troygilbert Looks like it originated here! cargocollective.com... ↲
- Join me for Tuesday co-working at The MADE!
- Oh man, I missed the announcement and the Venus Patrol GDC party is already sold out!
- War is hell. reddit.com/r/Milita...
- @bmau_ro I spent the whole time in the smoking area anyway, because I could hear people talk ↲
- Can't-fail startup idea of the day: Twitch Plays Nethack.
- @YouOldSoAndSo Or any rhythm game, really. ↲
- Twitch Plays Game Maker: Studio
- RT @vogon @mogwai_poet justin.tv plays gamemaker studio, twitch simultaneously plays through the game the justin audience is making
- @dannyBstyle @Flanlord Trying to think of the most idiot-proof version of each class of thing. Maybe Garage Band and Wario Ware DIY... ↲
- Twitch Plays Csound.
- @Pandawlf Oh man you are a lifesaver ↲
- RT @TheOnion 15 Years In Environment Of Constant Fear Somehow Fails To Rehabilitate Prisoner onion.com/1f2g6x2...
- @glassbottommeg Frog Fractions disabled the full-screen glow if the frame render time was consistently above 30ms. Sometimes it's that easy. ↲
- RT @fourhman Protest outside Guacamelee developer HQ: twitter.com/fourhma...
- Okay you guys, the Frog Fractions 2 Kickstarter campaign goes live Monday afternoon. I just thought you should know that.
- If successful, it will *definitely* be the vaguest and least-specific funded Kickstarter campaign ever.
- @CPriestman Honestly I probably overthought it. I ran through probably a dozen math jokes in my head before getting sick of all of them. ↲
- @OptimistPanda Oh, it's something special. ↲
- @spikepoint A real thing that is really happening. THIS IS YOUR LIFE ↲
- @phneri Probably! But also wire me the money just to make sure ↲
- @NicholasGolden @rje Yeah, I'm speaking this year actually. ↲
- @NicholasGolden @rje Friday, 1:35pm, "Preserving a Sense of Mystery in the Age of Spoilers." schedule.gdconf.com... ↲
- "In the year 2015 time travel has been invented, and like all new technologies it is abused by everyone" vimeo.com/70410780...
- @YouOldSoAndSo Close! ↲
- @psychicteeth @patrickashe That's the part where I decided the joke should be on the people who don't like text adventures. ↲
- @Bradcopter Ooh, I haven't had a good rival since @randyzero released Total Toads. ↲
- @psychicteeth @patrickashe I changed it to two words since testers were discovering it by accident ↲
- @psychicteeth @patrickashe It's cool, man, just go to a walkthrough, I won't tell anybody. ↲
- RT @Vahn16 Can we have, like, a week after GDC where all the rad people stay in SF and hang out and nobody works and we all just nap the whole time
- RT @ForneusLex I won the lottery! twitter.com/Forneus...
- I need to figure out how naps work. I was all, "I'm kinda tired after being up for 8 hours, let's try napping!" Then I slept for 11 hours.
- @TheGoldenDonut Naps: not even once ↲
- Hey you guys have you heard that sexism is over? twitter.com/Jenjenc...
- @detectiverole @AwfulHorse ME TOO ↲
- @DamianSommer @droqen After the first 6 jams or so I think you learn most of the lessons you can and what's left is the new-project rush. ↲
- @DamianSommer @droqen But that rush remains incredible. 100% exciting-and-new, 0% slog-to-finish. ↲
- Greg LoPiccolo and Randy Smith play Thief and talk about its development: rockpapershotgun.co...
- I've taken it for granted that Microsoft had the bro market cornered with Halo since the dawn of time. How *did* that happen, originally?
- @ThemsAllTook Really enjoying your DROD videos on YouTube. Probably my favorite genre of puzzle game. I played the original back in the day.
- @ThemsAllTook In that version there was no checkpointing, no undo, no spawn timers. I got to the floor 8 I think? Tar was impossibly brutal.
- @ThemsAllTook The King Dugan's Dungeon remake still holds up. The *original* original was too cruel even at the time. ↲
- sElf plays "Back in Black" on drums and amplified Omnichord. youtube.com/watch?v...
- @TronKnotts @MixedUpzombies @twinbeard Kickstarter campaign launches tomorrow! ↲
- @MixedUpzombies @TronKnotts @twinbeard Don't worry. I'm not going to notify you even *after* it's out. ↲
- @TronKnotts @MixedUpzombies @twinbeard Yeah, I'd love to see that :) ↲
- Featureless levitating orb repeats what you say back at you. "Stop copying me!" vimeo.com/87979136...
- @EllisK01 Did I give you a good puzzle piece? ↲
- Not sure how I feel about the new redesigned BART car. twitter.com/mogwai_...
- RT @simoncarless @ADAMATOMIC @mogwai_poet @necrosofty Wonder if those in-car dance dudes doing the lockin' and poppin' for tips can still fit in it...
- @mcclure111 This just happened in Fallout New Vegas and I thought of you. vine.co/v/MqDKm0VWx... ↲
- My new hobby: fretting.
- @mrasmus I can't find the anti-star button... ↲
- @monstersden I wouldn't know! I'm all about the outsider art. Also fretting. ↲
- "Here's my proposal for the first thirteen derivatives of position over time ... Change in barflurch: dark jaunt" pentadact.com/2014-...
- RT @lynchtacular I'm proud & honored to announce @Midnight_City is working w/ @DoubleFine to launch Costume Quest 2 this Halloween youtu.be/ZrzmC9ONDR... <3
- RT @necrosofty By the way, we used @spriter2d for Gunhouse, and it's really friendly and useful. (and cheap (unity support pending)) brashmonkey.com/spr...
- @simoncarless @emshort Whoa, the IF scene acknowledges Twine now? That's pretty cool. ↲
- RT @jennatar My boss trying to get neckties trending has reminded me: I am wearing pajamas to the last day of GDC and recommend you do the same
- The Frog Fractions 2 Kickstarter is live. Friends with lucrative day jobs, activate! kickstarter.com/pro...
- @danbruno @OptimistPanda Not gonna lie, for a long time my intended pitch was a six second video asking the camera: "Do you trust me?" ↲
- RT @danbruno @OptimistPanda That is a hell of a pitch. Basically boils down to "c'maaaaan"
- @ellaguro Thanks! ↲
- @DoktorLoy I will accept a type of fruit juice in lieu of blood type ↲
- @deviever I actually tend to agree. I *feel* like I did a reasonable job keeping a foot strongly in that camp here. Did you read the pitch?
- @deviever Please!
- Email requests for Frog Fractions 2 download codes are coming in already. Nobody's guessed right yet!
- @TheSparrowHunt Close! So close. ↲
- RT @TheSparrowHunt @mogwai_poet Is this Frog Fractions 2? Am I Frog Fractions 2?
- @kavancleary I would love for it to end up being a fully word-of-mouth thing. That would be amazing. ↲
- RT @Appleguysnake @mogwai_poet Please don't send out codes. Nothing makes me happier than the thought that the game will sit dormant for months.
- Man that makes five distinct events I've been invited to at GDC on Wednesday night. Pick another night, some of you!
- @haydencd Good idea! Remind me again once it's funded ↲
- . @Indy_Ray @haydencd Hey, no worries, I did the math. It's been 90 minutes. At this rate we'll have $2.5 million by the end of the month! ↲
- RT @kobunheat Oh man. Frog Fractions 2 Kickstarter. It will be released secretly and you only get a copy once people find it. kickstarter.com/pro...
- RT @lavos Frog Fractions 2: Lost in New York
- RT @braktheman I remember on some stream a while back @mogwai_poet said the twin beards were no more and he was saving them. Now I see what for.
- RT @Dacidbro @mogwai_poet is Frog Fractions 2 that game that everyone was really upset David Hayter isn't VAing in anymore
- @kavancleary Nintendo's not answering my calls. Yet. ↲
- RT @robotspacer I think my wife is still angry about when I made her keep playing Frog Fractions
- @Space_Bomber You are a true gentleman! My recommendation: throw some pork fat in with your pinto beans in a crock pot. Heavy on the salt. ↲
- @DMZilla It's not an HD game, but, hm. Can you see this? I forget what permissions I put on it. youtube.com/watch?v... ↲
- @DMZilla I just changed it to unlisted. ↲
- @NewtonsNinja Is that out already? I gotta go check it for ponds... ↲
- @dominictarason That's the plan! In part! ↲
- @Marwood Thanks, man! ↲
- @Indy_Ray @haydencd I like your math better ↲
- @Indy_Ray Man, I'm already worried about the responsibility of making this sequel! ↲
- RT @ratfoot Only thing I want out of frog fractions 2 is a full FMV West Wing episode shot with all those characters.
- @yoz My inbox is already filling up ↲
- @KestrelPi My reaction was the same as yours except I had to write the thing instead of reading it ↲
- @RingJ5 I'm estimating 18 months for development. But I'm happy for people to guess early. The nebulous release date is part of the fun! ↲
- @robinlvalentine Hm. I'd have to say make a mediocre first-person shooter set during World War 2. ↲
- @RingJ5 If it fits the frame game, definitely. ↲
- What I'm looking forward to most is all the counterfeit Frog Fractions 2s released by developers looking to capitalize on the buzz.
- RT @magic_bane @mogwai_poet lets host a frog fractions 2 game jam
- @robinlvalentine Sure! Just DM'd you my email address. ↲
- @RingJ5 That would be acceptable to me. ↲
- RT @ellaguro you can support me on patreon patreon.com/ellagur... too. once again, any little thing helps.
- @OptimistPanda @magic_bane That *is* the most sustainable way to do it. Could churn out sequels indefinitely! ↲
- @slutbomb I'm really really hoping that some of these turn out to be genuinely educational. ↲
- RT @Smedwicks What if the Marvel 3 patch was Frog Fractions
- RT @kavancleary @mogwai_poet my girlfriend just told me she is pregnant, I smiled coyly, FROG FRACTIONS 2
- @LineHollis I'm in! ↲
- @SyntonicThief @jasonrohrer I take that as a huge compliment! ↲
- @truewu Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. ↲
- @frank0127 I'm pretty happy with it myself! ↲
- @MsMinotaur Thank you! ↲
- @RushJet1 Thanks! ↲
- @Xyless Thanks! ↲
- @spooksthebun I like how you think! ↲
- @mrasmus Thanks! It's a very solid start. Still a long way to go, though. ↲
- Man, so Kicktraq predicts FF2 will be 523% funded while Sidekick predicts it has a 14% chance of success. I'll just be fretting over here.
- @KommanderKlobb And I'm playing it right along with everyone else! ↲
- @IAmNidoking I was hoping the quantum superposition would have collapsed by now! ↲
- @n0stranger It's definitely a solid start, but the first day is always the biggest. Gotta stay hungry. ↲
- @Triplefox Yeah, they can't just say "0%" or "100%" because that would be suspicious. ↲
- @christinelove @LineHollis @BooDooPerson @ScottMadin This was frankly my favorite part of the idea. I so want to play all the hoax FF2s! ↲
- RT @Molluskgonebad Spartacus moment where every game claims to be Frog Fractions 2
- RT @RyanIkeComposer Frog Fractions 2 Kickstarter is live! I took a bunch of cough syrup before doing the trailer music! kickstarter.com/pro...
- @evilbadman @mrasmus This is *exactly* the reaction I was going for. See also: youtube.com/watch?v... ↲
- OH: "Anyone else proposing 'hey let's make a game while my kickstarter campaign is running' I'd know was joking."
- Frog Fractions series lead artist @rachel_sala and I have been livestreaming FF2 SECRETS over at Rock Paper Shotgun: rockpapershotgun.co...
- RT @Vahn16 WORLD EXCLUSIVE FIRST FROG FRACTIONS 2 FOOTAGE rockpapershotgun.co...
- @Shaxster Sure, yeah. DM'd you my email. ↲
- Join me for Tuesday co-working at The MADE!
- @vectorpoem Thank you! ↲
- Some people have asked for a higher quality version of the pitch video. Here is one that should play at 720p: youtube.com/watch?v...
- @mrfb kongregate.com/game... ↲
- @celsiusgs I was pretty happy with that bit too! ↲
- "How did a chain-smoking geek from Hanoi design the viral hit Flappy Bird - and why did he walk away?" rollingstone.com/cu...
- @Hannahcomb ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ↲
- @happionlabs Hey, Jamie! I think our mail servers hate each other because I'm pretty sure you aren't getting *my* email either.
- @happionlabs I basically just wanted to say thanks for your advice and also that I was a huge fan of the grapple mechanic in Spider Man 2.
- I just set up a photo shoot with Wired. My life is weird.
- @johmmmmmm I made the strangest mouth-noise trying to figure out this response ↲
- @MikeASchneider Hm. Have you considered sending a surrogate? instructables.com/i... ↲
- @plentyofalcoves Thank you! ↲
- @glassbottommeg Oh, good trick. I will probably do that! ↲
- @dcstarkey That's what I like to hear! ↲
- @dcstarkey Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. ↲
- @MS2 We'll all find out together! ↲
- @dcstarkey Wait, you... close enough. ↲
- @WintersRead Yes, this seems fair. ↲
- Latest news on the imminent post-antibiotic future: theverge.com/2014/3...
- @slutbomb Creative director: Nancy Reagan. ↲
- RT @ScarPixel The most shocking thing about the Frog Fractions 2 KS is that $60k minus fees and rewards is enough to pay rent in Oakland for 18 months.
- . @oomgames Gentrification: not even once! ↲
- @mechtroid Creeepy ↲
- @_Philosophica Thank you! ↲
- @JKalicki That track is all @Shnabubula! ↲
- @czechsun I recommend starting with the works of Adam Cadre and Andrew Plotkin. adamcadre.ac/if.htm... eblong.com/zarf/if.... ↲
- @czechsun Specifically "Photopia" and "Spider and Web." ↲
- Here are the details for my GDC talk on mystery in games, if you'd like to add it to your itinerary: schedule.gdconf.com...
- @BenKuchera Sure, will do! ↲
- RT @TimOfLegend The new @camposanto game looks so good, I almost feel bad about installing two spies in their company to sabotage it. Almost.
- @theshillito @evilbadman @mrasmus I was a big fan too, especially of the pilot. ↲
- Frog Fractions 2 is half funded! I'm pretty excited about this you guys. kickstarter.com/pro...
- @Axis1500 I can still be excited! ↲
- @Appleguysnake I'm not seeing any conflict here! ↲
- @Axis1500 Thank you! ↲
- @StephenKelly180 @LordMeldorr For reference: youtube.com/watch?v... and youtube.com/watch?v...
- @yoz Keep guessing! ↲
- RT @NicklasNygren Googling for solutions to problems. Finding pages where people ask, and others answer "search on google".
- @BitNoteFM In the original game? You can find per-song credits in the song notes here: frogfractions.bandc... ↲
- A major coup for the anti-vaccine movement. They worked hard for this, guys. thedailybeast.com/a...
- @STRd6 @Bananattack @LouisGorenfeld @mdiebolt @Triplefox Wish I could make it but between the Kickstarter and GDC I have no free bandwidth! ↲
- Finally, indisputable proof! "'True Detective' proves the genius of Frog Fractions, and the power of secrets" polygon.com/2014/3/...
- @avestal I'll let you know after I watch it ↲
- @BitNoteFM Thanks! ↲
- Filming again. Trying to make this happen during GDC is *such* a bad idea.
- RT @bvpeck "Warning: This post contains spoilers for True Detective, Frog Fractions and The Secret of NIMH" #aroused #safeword
- @bog_mom butts ↲
- @xXForeverOddXx butts ↲
- @ellaguro I never remember my dreams, so it's nice to hear about others picking up the slack. ↲
- @ClintKeepin Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it ↲
- "Cat wearing jetpack in 16th century drawing baffles historians" deathandtaxesmag.co...
- Man, I had no idea Flash decompilers had such readable output. At least they got my indentation style wrong!
- Here I am on the Train Station at 8 podcast, talking about Frog Fractions and game music: whalesarewhales.com...
- RT @yoz NBA 2K9 Pt 2: The Deadly Hoops of Knam'thuul
- Reddit wants to know: is this Frog Fractions 2? reddit.com/r/isthis...
- @seecce Thanks! I'm pretty happy with my current framework. Can build pretty fast in it. ↲
- Edible palindrome: twitter.com/mogwai_...
- @dmmfix @TomBurnsRogers I don't recognize the flavor! I would probably recognize cinnamon. ↲
- @dmmfix Only a little! ↲
- Hypermonkey prototype:
- @LorenSchmidt Ah, I didn't mean to imply it was my work. It was on display in @vihartvihart's office! ↲
- RT @vectorpoem Story exploration game that takes place on an abandoned Minecraft server where a couple built a massive world together and later broke up.
- @robinlvalentine I'll do it again, too! ↲
- RT @ibogost Save the Date Q&A is equal parts dinosaur questions and game questions.
- Responsible game developers ask for the plain black lanyard. twitter.com/mogwai_...
- @NicholasGolden So many people asked for them that they ran out? That warms my heart ↲
- @NicholasGolden Here now! ↲
- @Sir5000 Yeah, with a bunch of Saga logos on it. Looks like "Sega" if you don't look too closely. ↲
- RT @zarawesome Deadly Rooms of Death still has the best gameplay depiction of a single hero fighting an overpowering army
- @zoewi Aha, I *knew* we were already following each other!
- RT @johnnemann Wait, "Why Gone Home is a Game" is at the same time as "Subversively Queering Your Game"?! Who is running this conference? This will not sta
- That's the first time in my life that I've gotten into a party by name-dropping. I'm excited!
- @slutbomb Good tip! You should write a book on getting thrown out of parties. I would read it. ↲
- @septomin Better than you might guess. ↲
- @Shrubbette A roped-off installation piece, of a suitcase full of zip disks. No oxygen in the gallery, only argon. ↲
- RT @patrickklepek So here's my interview with the developer of Frog Fractions. The game started as an iteration of Missile Command? giantbomb.com/podca...
- RT @Teanah Spotted @mogwai_poet at GDC! He's kickstarting Frog Fractions 2 kickstarter.com/pro... twitter.com/Teanah/...
- @Teanah Yeah, he's @PaperDino. ↲
- RT @westquote Just created future email address for my newborn boy, Quincy Saxon. It's official now: I'm a father!
- @westquote So do I start sending him the bug porn now, or... ↲
- @ClintKeepin It makes me want to start smoking ↲
- Favorite Frog Fractions 2 interview so far: cliqist.com/2014/03...
- @LavaLevel @JackMenhorn Unless your actors work continuously like Supergiant,, voice work hinders iteration *considerably*. ↲
- @LavaLevel @JackMenhorn More useful to be able to keep rewriting without having to work around dialog recorded halfway through development. ↲
- Zero props to Google for consistently implementing https on gmail.com... now, rather than at launch.
- @JackMenhorn @LavaLevel you might be able to get away with that but it means you're iterating on incomplete information. ↲
- @JackMenhorn @LavaLevel Also it means voice won't be there when the press looks at your thing. ↲
- @ZoeQuinnzel One of the Frog Fractions voices was me imitating his laugh ↲
- @scallopdelion twitter.com/mogwai_... ↲
- @dualhammers youtube.com/watch?v... ↲
- RT @rachel_sala @mogwai_poet at a live Giant Bomb interview! twitter.com/rachel_...
- For those of you still trying to plan your GDC agenda, my talk on mystery in games is at 1:35p today, in Moscone North, room 130.
- Anyone from out of town I talked to about meeting up before you leave, remind me, because I am in no shape to remember things right now.
- @dannyodwyer Thank you! I was super nervous but everyone says it was a good talk, so, cool. ↲
- @BrianNumberOne @Pandawlf Can vouch for Games of Berkeley. It's right next to the Downtown Berkeley BART station. ↲
- @fearv @bahrami_ I missed it! Anything I can check out online? ↲
- RT @tigerstylegames Jim Crawford gave my fave #GDC '14 design talk with Preserving A Sense of Discovery in the Age of Spoilers. Now must play Frog Fractions!
- @fearv @bahrami_ Say no more. ↲
- RT @JurassicaxPark This is probably the best poster for Alien I've ever seen. #TakingItEasy #Ripley #Alien twitter.com/Jurassi...
- @MaxTemkin @ZoeQuinnzel atlasobscura.com/pl... ↲
- @singing_pigs Thank you! ↲
- @MaxTemkin @ZoeQuinnzel Also, before or afterwards: yelp.com/biz/the-ho... ↲
- Surfing modern web sites in ancient browsers: virtuallyfun.superg...
- @yoz Keep going, I'm probably going to use all these names. ↲
- RT @simoncarless Just tried to order rice for 8 people from the local Mexican restaurant and almost got ice for 80 people. #accentproblems
- Found out about the #trax 20 year reunion 2 hours ago. Showed up for the half hour before the last BART. See you guys in another 20 years!
- Dogs reacting to magic tricks: youtube.com/watch?v...
- @zarawesome My best guess is they want walking robots to improve the walking data in Maps. ↲
- @glassbottommeg @ibogost The Dogme 95 food photography movement is gaining momentum. ↲
- Reminder: @rachel_sala and I are doing a Twinbeard AMA tomorrow afternoon. Monday, 4pm EDT. reddit.com/r/IAMA/...
- (Anybody involved in the Frog Fractions series who wants to join in, send me an IM and I will point out your username in the post.)
- We're at the halfway point, and the Frog Fractions 2 Kickstarter is 7969/12000ths funded. kickstarter.com/pro...
- @NicholasGolden All of them. ↲
- I'm not normally a proponent of "absence of evidence is evidence of absence," but I'm pretty sure YouTube proves cow tipping to be bullshit.
- @Wugga Depends. Are they Honeycrisps? ↲
- RT @bengrue /r/spaceclop is the opposite of Upworthy. - @mogwai_poet
- . @bengrue I stand by this. ↲
- RT @fullbright @Soranomaru @MituK checks out. twitter.com/fullbri...
- RT @mrasmus Steve Gaynor is Frog Fractions 2.
- @AngryBread Don't get ahead of yourself. The OUYA is Frog Fractions 5. ↲
- The Twinbeard AMA starts in twenty minutes. Go forth and ask! reddit.com/r/IAmA/c...
- @Laaph023 Yes but they will not show up in the AMA. ↲
- @Laaph023 Please! ↲
- "20 BEST TED TALKS READERS' POLL RESULTS. ... 2. How to Fight a Cow, Col. Frank Tuplin" vice.com/read/20-be...
- @GnarbroTaKa That's one of my favorite drives ↲
- Ric Chivo sure has his thumb on the pulse of indie game development: youtube.com/watch?v...
- @deviever Hey, so I listened to about half of that and got distracted, then after GDC I found the browser tab but the sound was gone.
- @deviever I agreed with everything you said in the first half. Sorry for dropping the ball in the second!
- @vogon It's funny how much easier, in many ways, making software for old computers is. Did you ever get the chance to code for the Sifteo? ↲
- @vogon It was really interesting to me in that it mapped the simplicity of e.g. the Apple 2 onto a C++ API. ↲
- @vogon Yeah, I love memory-mapped interfaces. So dead simple. Would be a terrible match for writing modern-sized software of course. ↲
- Garfield Minus Jon Plus Jon unseenllc.com/mjpj/...
- @deviever No no, not at all. It's all stuff I think is important too.
- RT @dunkr Any GDC people still in SF should join me, @Triplefox and @mogwai_poet for co-working at the MADE from 1pm! meetu.ps/2gJS2R...
- David Sanchez has almost sorta convinced me that spoiling Frog Fractions for someone might sometimes be a net win. gamezone.com/origin...
- @StudioBond @dunkr @Triplefox Usually it's: people show up, we work on stuff for a bit, get distracted by video games, then get dinner. ↲
- Keep kicking against the patriarchy! teespring.com/gamin...
- [Head scratch] businessinsider.com...
- Adding a stretch goal to Frog Fractions 2. $2 billion dollars: buy Oculus back from Facebook. kickstarter.com/pro...
- RT @PeterMolydeux Imagine getting a facebook poke. Now you'll actually be able to see the poke coming towards you. Or maybe BEHIND you? Exciting times.
- @mcclure111 Super Monkey Ball! I loved that game ↲
- RT @rygorous "Can you come to my office?" ... *stern look* "Where do you see yourself in 5 minutes?"
- @fwong Gotta play to their weaknesses. Claim that it's impossible in their favorite tool, and they'll race each other to prove you wrong. ↲
- @pohungchen @phosphoer @twinbeard Oh hi ↲
- @pohungchen @phosphoer At The MADE right now! Probably for another hour? ↲
- Flappy Thirds. tef.github.io/flapp...
- @NorthernlionLP @Undead_Merchant Oh man. And then I need even more money to actually make the game. ↲
- @NorthernlionLP @Undead_Merchant That's a load off my mind ↲
- @ricothemad Not your type. ↲
- "When Photos Lie: Sticking Up for Jalen Brunson" newsblogs.chicagotr...
- @VideoGamesTaco I just mentally divide by 3 and go to my happy place. ↲
- Crazy Stone AI beats 9-dan Ishida Yoshio with only a four stone handicap. gogameguru.com/craz...
- @vectorpoem I parsed that as "Crazy Stone AI" and was just confused, because sans serif fonts are the worst. ↲
- @pxlsicle Yeah, they've come a long way in the last decade. ↲
- Holy crap, what happened in this thread? reddit.com/r/Games/...
- @Meat_Jesus Thanks! ↲
- @Foamed1 @agmcleod @failnaut @austin_walker Wait, so the post itself was deleted? I only noticed a bunch of deleted comments about the post. ↲
- @Appleguysnake This is basically my day job now ↲
- RT @cmuratori I realized that @OinkApp's GDC lecture (schedule.gdconf.com...) was missing a description, so I added one for them: twitter.com/cmurato...
- Oh good, Facebook is poaching game developers now. techcrunch.com/2014...
- RT @jeroendstout .@yoz @mogwai_poet
Hope! at the sight,
there we see spawn:
no Speck of Light,
perchance 'tis Dawn?
Buffoons take aim:
"This Is No Game!"
- "The Brutal Ageism of Tech: Years of experience, plenty of talent, completely obsolete" newrepublic.com/art...
- Found a pile of about twenty of these at an estate sale. What is it? twitter.com/mogwai_...
- @GavinMate @Dorkus1218 @mrasmus Oh, interesting, I assumed it was for an obscure console that barely or didn't get released. ↲
- @JohnPoveromo Thanks! ↲
- @IvanDashSmith @Livelyivy As a designer I have the advantage that I am easily infuriated. ↲
- @MrChappyGames Thank you! ↲