|december 2013 microblog digest|
Posted 2014-06-22 06:37:41 by
Archived from http://twitter.com/mogwai_poet:
- MADE co-workers note: there will not be MADE co-working tomorrow. I'm not certain about next week either.
- Gunhouse is officially in the hands of Sony PSM QA. vine.co/v/hPjvt1bAx...
- RT @necrosofty DID YOU KNOW: working hard is dumb
- @terrycavanagh @bfod @buenothebear Cly5m was making ZZT games in that style and mood years earlier. ↲
- @terrycavanagh @bfod @buenothebear Some ideas are just there, waiting to be executed on perfectly. ↲
- Mickey, Goofy and Donald in the midst of a mid-life crisis. sassquach.com/journ...
- RT @deliciousbees The Year of Luigi will continue until morale improves.
- Pretty sure Rat on an Escalator is more apt a metaphor for the human condition than the literal human condition. youtube.com/watch?v...
- @MammonMachine The tournament scene eventually co-opted it, but I think Smash Bros. did a pretty good job of this. ↲
- "To Kill a Centrifuge: A Technical Analysis of What Stuxnet's Creators Tried to Achieve" (PDF) langner.com/en/wp-c...
- @vectorpoem @smestorp This is great. Is there a context for this? Beyond the obvious, I mean. ↲
- Ha ha man, Gunhouse failed cert because it hung during the Android soak test. I guess we should get some Android phones to test on.
- @vectorpoem @smestorp Oh, you told me a bit about that, at an Int-Fic meetup last year. (I would still elope with you to make that game.) ↲
- "Unarmed Man Is Charged With Wounding Bystanders Shot by Police Near Times Square" nytimes.com/2013/12...
- @Sir5000 This is the sort of gameplay where it *looks* like you'd eventually find an awesome secret, except you never do. You'd like it. ↲
- @still @vogon The system works! ↲
- Hey, hey guys, has anybody else noticed that debugging memory leaks is actually way harder when memory management is non-deterministic?
- @antumbral What does this mean in terms of how you actually go about solving the problem? ↲
- @antumbral Feel free to send me to a book or something rather than trying to explain in 140 characters :) ↲
- @silentbicycle IF ONLY ↲
- @silentbicycle I would much rather be debugging the equivalent C program right now. ↲
- @silentbicycle C#, in a PSM sandbox. (PSM is basically Mono except that every debugging tool not made by SCEJ is against the law.) ↲
- @doougle @ludist You see that at California Extreme occasionally. Never the same year as Sprint 8. I think it gets modded back and forth. ↲
- Five hours left to make the Windforge Kickstarter happen. This game was my favorite surprise at the Indie Megabooth. kickstarter.com/pro...
- @Seagaia2 @JonathanKittaka Prescriptivism vs. descriptivism. In this context, "pretentious" is basically a fancy way of saying "gay." ↲
- RT @Dr_star_T "My dog's got synesthesia."
"How does he smell?"
- In researching why there are no Dunkin Donuts franchises in California, I discovered that they serve a beverage called a "Dunkaccino."
- I may never find out what a Dunkaccino is, but in my heart of hearts it'll always be a cappuccino with a whole donut shoved into it to soak.
- @manveerheir I donno, I think that might be a more effective strategy for getting up in the morning. ↲
- @manveerheir It's whatever you want it to be! ↲
- @vogon You believe whatever you want to believe. ↲
- Ask Reddit: what is a true fact that sounds completely unbelievable or fake? reddit.com/r/AskRed...
- @Carin_McLeoud I bet you could get a decaf Dunkaccino. You should go find out, for science. ↲
- @SpindleyQ There's gotta be a decent "learn Unity" book out there. ↲
- @SpindleyQ Your biggest barrier here is arguably that the tools let you do a lot of cool stuff without learning to code at all. ↲
- I really want to like Dark Souls. If I handled it just right I bet it could displace Ocarina of Time as my second favorite Zelda game.
- RT @MoviusC @mogwai_poet Dark Souls is why there hasn't been a new Nethack version for a decade. Ever seen Nethack devs & From Software in the same room
- @8bitpimp Was interesting to see SotC's influence on Twilight Princess. It was the first time I realized the Zelda series *had* influences. ↲
- @deviever @joshuamelnick It feels to me a bit like an attempt at a sequel to the original Legend of Zelda with the modern combat engine.
- @8bitpimp Looking back at it, it has some brilliant moments but on the whole you're better off playing the Ocarina or Wind Waker remakes. ↲
- Custom-printed animated gifs. gifpop.io/...
- I needn't have worried that it took 5 minutes to determine which track was north, because the next train is in 78 minutes. Thanks, Caltrain!
- @kirkjerk @SpindleyQ Processing is an easy way to get cool stuff on the screen fast. For a younger kid easing into coding, I like Scratch. ↲
- @kirkjerk @SpindleyQ scratch.mit.edu... ↲
- Suddenly all these tech companies give a shit about consumer privacy! reformgovernmentsur...
- Remember when everything you thought of as "Google" was just the support arm of a privacy-destroying ad company? Oh wait that's still true.
- @Carin_McLeoud Like when I first saw "Wii" and wondered whether it was a typo for WiFi or WWII. ↲
- @Carin_McLeoud That was my plan too, yeah. ↲
- @troygilbert I don't know of anything public, but there is always corruption and misuse, and there are always, eventually, leaks. ↲
- Tuesday co-workers take note: Tuesday co-working at The MADE tomorrow is a go!
- Hm, this cut scene goes on too long. I know, we'll hang a lantern on it! That's the same as solving the problem. twitter.com/mogwai_...
- THIS JOKE SURE WASN'T ALREADY OLD TWENTY YEARS AGO twitter.com/mogwai_...
- @bengrue Annoyance is the most salient emotion I get out of modern Zeldas. It took me... um, until basically just now to internalize this. ↲
- @bengrue And by modern I mean anything made after 1990. ↲
- @aNuChallenger @bengrue I'll live-tweet its redemption. ↲
- @bengrue I enjoyed them until Twilight Princess! Only looking back do I recognize the utter disrespect for the player's time & intelligence. ↲
- Yep, we knew you'd just want to start the game rather than taking more Zelda lessons, but you can't because fuck you. twitter.com/mogwai_...
- @GameDesignDan Basically the first half of every Zelda game these days is Zelda lessons. ↲
- @Kimik00 @Carin_McLeoud A tutorial *dungeon*? That sounds exciting. Let me do that rather than watching this blacksmithing cutscene. ↲
- @IvanDashSmith @GameDesignDan I haven't given up yet! ↲
- RT @pepper2000 Introducing people to Frog Fractions is one of life's great pleasures.
- @webbedspace I'm pretty sure that's how the Japanese legal system actually works. Source: Phoenix Wright ↲
- @brucevedder Believe it or not I'm also a big proponent of leading by example: twinbeard.com/frog-... ↲
- @watsonwelch Frickin' game design, right? ↲
- Okay so basically immediately after those three screens, Link Between Worlds had a cleanly designed mini dungeon and then opened up.
- I wonder if this'll happen every time I publicly shame a bad game opening.
- @troygilbert Toward what end do we allow the possibility of this much harm? The best possible outcome is for Google to remain merely creepy. ↲
- @brucevedder Do I know you? Is there some reason I should care about your opinion? ↲
- Join me for Tuesday co-working at The MADE!
- Just bought a ticket to SF Global Game Jam. Who's coming? eventbrite.com/e/sf...
- While I'm asking about jams, who's coming to Ludum Dare at The MADE this weekend? meetup.com/SF-Bay-A...
- @vogon @vectorpoem @still I'm trying to remember now, if you got the full 16 colors in CGA text mode or if it used the 4th bit to blink. ↲
- Carmack speaks on the 20th anniversary of Doom. wired.com/gamelife/...
- "If 'it's done when it's done' and you're talking a month or two, fine. But if it's a year or two, you need to be making a different game."
- @phneri Yeah. id's appeal was always partly cutting edge tech. Blizzard was targeting old PCs at least as far back as Diablo 2. ↲
- I wonder if there's something fishy going on with this 12 megabyte screenshot with a .zip.jpg extension... hacknslashthegame.c...
- Can't-fail startup idea of the day: octopus trained to untangle wires, sold in a fishtank as a household appliance.
- @Marwood If you rename it to .zip you can unzip it and there are goodies inside. ↲
- @Marwood ... I wouldn't put it past them to give different versions of the file to different downloaders. (CC @still) ↲
- @bengrue I played first played Link to the Past on the GBA so I don't have the childhood memories of it. I would say they are comparable! ↲
- I've been waiting for an accessible technical writeup like this for years. "How the Bitcoin protocol actually works" michaelnielsen.org/...
- "Interpreter for deaf at Mandela memorial service was a fake." Did they hire him or did he just, like, run onstage? washingtonpost.com/...
- @Pandawlf That's pretty significantly incompetent :/ ↲
- @Pandawlf Yeah, I'd heard that about Mandela specifically, that he was a much better revolutionary than administrator. It makes sense. ↲
- @tablefloor Flash definitely counts as last-gen. ↲
- @DankHerbMullet Hm. Ludum Dare *is* coming up this weekend... ↲
- If anybody wants to do the Winchester Mystery House flashlight tour this weekend, I have a ticket I for Friday night I can't use.
- After four hours spent wrangling SIM cards and software configurations, Gunhouse works perfectly on the Xperia Play that Sony sent us.
- That would be awesome except that they sent it to us so we could repro a crash.
- RT @TheQuinnspiracy The fact that I can't do something simple like put a game on greenlight without shit like this (1/2) twitter.com/ZoeQuin...
- RT @TheQuinnspiracy (2/2) happening while people say "oh it's not REALLY sexist here..." makes me sick with rage. twitter.com/ZoeQuin...
- RT @davehogg The new Twitter block function is like reporting a stalker to the police and having them give you a blindfold so you won't see them.
- RT @ashedryden Man, I really wish more dudes would crawl out of the woodwork to tell me my safety concerns aren't valid.
- Man, I don't need a foot to make video games but I do need one to get to The MADE for Ludum Dare this weekend.
- @NotJoOrdinary Walking! Stepped slightly wrong on an uneven sidewalk this morning. ↲
- @NotJoOrdinary Yeah, doin' it. We'll see how it goes! ↲
- @vectorpoem shadertoy.com/brows... ↲
- @m_kopas @mcclure111 The chain of reasoning is probably closer to "let's use it to make the kind of game we enjoy" ↲
- @mcclure111 @m_kopas Yeah, this is basically the problem I always had making music. Too much fun, not enough listenable. ↲
- @mcclure111 @m_kopas I don't think I've ever seen Angels. You should show me and walk me through the development process sometime. ↲
- I should livestream me being too burnt out to do anything for Ludum Dare.
- @manveerheir I don't know if I'm up for tracking down a bucket! ↲
- @UndeadManWalkin Sounds at least as compelling as Desert Bus. ↲
- @UndeadManWalkin Yeah, but it takes a couple hours to get there. Jimmy Physics skips right to the money shot. ↲
- @NotJoOrdinary Sorta! ↲
- @mcclure111 @dualhammers A janitor must take any job available. A programmer can take a 50% pay cut to work an ethical job and be fine. ↲
- @mcclure111 @dualhammers You mean because of salary or loan debt? I guess a combination. I think I lucked out by not really going to school. ↲
- @dualhammers @mcclure111 I personally would say that, yes. ↲
- Gunhouse playtester feedback "OH GOD THEY'RE TAKING MY ORPHANS! ... YAY I SAVED THE ORPHANS!"
- RT @PorygonNews "It's basically Kerbal Space Program meets Shenmue and Glover."
Interview with @mogwai_poet on the upcoming prequel to Frog Fractions.
- @SchalaAsha This year I was most impressed by Bubsy Visits the James Turrell Retrospective: bubsy3d.com/... ↲
- Just fixed a major bug in how the difficulty curve works in Gunhouse. Good thing this doesn't affect every balance decision we've ever made!
- RT @bengrue Hey you! Makers of games! Have I told you lately... that I love you? #indieHugs
- Kinect voice chat and public co-op both on by default: welcome to the next generation. devinreimer.tumblr....
- @vectorpoem That reminds me of a thing I can't find. Tell me your team's already seen that fake-let's-play thread of Pirate Fortress for DS. ↲
- "The Five Foundational Design Pillars Of SOMA" Read this if you want people to take your game narrative seriously. frictionalgames.blo...
- Join me for Tuesday co-working at The MADE!
- @KomradeJack You can't always not get what you don't want, but if you try sometimes, you might find that you don't get what you don't need. ↲
- @KomradeJack I'm saying, Join me for Tuesday co-working at The MADE! ↲
- @virtjk If I gave this class the whole thing would be "Buy a Zoom H1 and realize that foley is fun as shit" ↲
- Epistolary storytellers, pay attention: imgur.com/aWbvmO8...
- Remember when Microsoft publicly realized validating DRM online every 24 hours was a bad idea? Microsoft doesn't. cinemablend.com/gam...
- RT @frankcifaldi Morning affirmations. Recite these instructions out loud upon waking up to maintain toughness and mental clarity. twitter.com/frankci...
- Gunhouse is officially in the hands of Sony PSM QA. (Again.)
- "When the wise man points to the moon, the fool looks at the finger." hugtherobots.tumblr...
- "Our current global currency system is pretty crap, but I submit that Bitcoin is worse." antipope.org/charli...
- @ANP60 Thank you! ↲
- Gunhouse passed cert! It's like Christmas in July.
- @ActuallyPiMusik Have I got a recipe for you! twinbread.com/... ↲
- Gone Home is $10 on Steam right now. store.steampowered....
- Oh man, so is Typing of the Dead: Overkill. Thanks, Santa!
- @pohungchen @KomradeJack Christmas in July in December. ↲
- @evilbadman Is that the new rule? I always gotta keep learning new rules the kids are making up. ↲
- @evilbadman They had Steam sales four years ago? ↲
- @pohungchen @KomradeJack The July in December! ↲
- "Just add 'if you're white' or 'because I'm white' to each generalization or anecdote in the article." medium.com/p/a5e5f4...
- Remember when I livestreamed Rogue Legacy for an hour last month? GUESS WHAT MONTH IT IS NOW! twitch.tv/mogwaipoe...
- @evilbadman This isn't the oldest I've felt this week but it's close ↲
- RT @triplelll045 Gunhouse by @necrosofty is coming to #PSM soon! Get excited! I know we are. twitter.com/triplel...
- @Livelyivy Know your audience. Once I picked "discovering that the Minetown altar is co-aligned in Nethack" and the players got it. ↲
- "The attack can extract full 4096bit RSA decryption keys ... using a plain mobile phone placed next to the computer." cs.tau.ac.il/~trome...
- This security paper has a well-considered and accessible FAQ. I wish all papers had this.
- People I know may be interested in this! Target is evidently selling the 3DS XL for $135.
- @vectorpoem People "get" gravity. Even if a gravity problem is easy, like "staying upright," you don't get bored because failure is painful. ↲
- RT @brandonnn "you know what i could really go for? the dizzying anus-clenching terror of feeling like i am going to plummet to my death" - a Mario fan
- A Link Between Worlds is the kind of Zelda game I didn't think Nintendo was capable of making any more. (Monolith Soft made it.)
- I keep doing this thing where someone states an opinion and I assume they continue to hold it even years later. This almost never works out.
- "These eight volumes contain 4.7 million LinkedIn clear text user passwords printed in alphabetical order." datenform.de/forgot...
- @PackBenPack That could be anybody! That was my LinkedIn password for a while. ↲
- When predicting your opponent's move, ensure your mind-model isn't so accurate as to get you arrested for murder upon ending the simulation.
- Join me for Tuesday co-working at The MADE! Or maybe more like Christmas Eve old video games at The MADE. We'll see.
- @Triplefox That's okay, I'm just here kinda on principle :) ↲
- RT @AmyDentata "Beware the homeless, for they will make you human." amydentata.com/2013...
- Hey @lmichet @dunkr @Triplefox @hryx did you guys see this? giantbomb.com/artic...
- @bfod I have high hopes for JSMESS solving this some day soon: jsmess.textfiles.co... ↲
- "The original version of [Ween's] 'Powder Blue' runs for 4:16 and ends with a sample from Muhammad Ali. " youtube.com/watch?v...
- RT @dan_schmidt I don't expect you to understand but my sister created custom-made fake Pringles cans for a Xmas gift for me twitter.com/dan_sch...
- @vectorpoem I remember learning to emulate that style in Deluxe Paint to draw my demo group's logo. ↲
- Can't-fail startup idea of the day: Pringle molds, for making homemade Pringles.
- I'm imagining you'd buy them at BevMo next to the novelty ice cube trays.
- @nik_narcotic We will have to settle for Sour Cream & Meth. ↲
- RT @Philoplastered I LIKE FLAT SEVENTHS and I cannot lie!
-- Sir Mixolydian, 'Baby Got Bach'
- RT @mathbabedotorg Women less likely to sacrifice ethics for money in business. Shall we change women or change how we do business? spp.sagepub.com/con...
- "Lol My Thesis: Summing up years of work in one sentence." lolmythesis.com/...
- Man, have I talked about Europa Report yet? Ran into it randomly on Netflix streaming and I liked it a lot. Riveting hard-SF.
- Quit bitching, that company is well within its legal rights to turn a massive profit by making the world an objectively worse place to live.
- @wavenger Oh, I didn't mean any company in particular. ↲
- @LouisGorenfeld @wavenger They still haven't given me back my e-shop purchases! ↲
- Trying to finish Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon in the next 24 hours...
- @YouOldSoAndSo That sounds wistful as fuck. ↲
- the depilation of smaug
- Man, I was really hoping getting that phrase out into the world would get it out of my head, but no such luck.
- RT @cardinality @mogwai_poet I tried the same with "the tesselation of Smaug", but it's still with me.
- @daemonpants I would also have accepted The Desiccation of Smaug. ↲
| Posted by Anonymous (Jonh Smith) on 2017-12-05 15:05:35 |
Best Quickbooks Support Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Help @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Support @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Support Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Tech Support Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Tech Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Technical Support Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Technical Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Customer Support Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
| Posted by Anonymous (Jonh Smith) on 2017-12-05 15:12:43 |
Best Sage Support Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Help @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Support @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Support Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Support Phone Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Tech Support Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Tech Support Phone Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Technical Support Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Technical Support Phone Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Customer Support Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
| Posted by Anonymous (Jonh Smith) on 2017-12-05 15:29:53 |
Best Quicken Support Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Help @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Support @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Support Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Tech Support Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Tech Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Technical Support Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Technical Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Customer Support Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/