|november 2013 microblog digest|
Posted 2014-06-22 06:37:41 by
Archived from http://twitter.com/mogwai_poet:
- How had I never heard of Worms Crazy Golf? It looks amazing. blog.humblebundle.c...
- @Marwood Hm, that's too bad. ↲
- Sometimes poor people buy expensive status symbols because "status" has huge consequences for everybody's finances. tressiemc.com/2013/...
- I'm not sure whether this Super Mario World tool-assisted speed run works better with or without context. youtube.com/watch?v...
- @notalentcombo Hm, do you have a link handy? ↲
- RT @FuzziestKitty Thanks to @mogwai_poet for the costume idea that won "Most Obscure Costume" at my Halloween Party! #HistoryOfBoxing twitter.com/Fuzzies...
- I just noticed that my USB 3 port is filled with, like, melted cheese maybe? It spent 4 days at IGG Marathon, so I'm not surprised at all.
- The 0-hour jam is this Sunday, if you live in the United States. 0hgame.eu/...
- RT @saraspot @bombsfall twitter.com/saraspo...
- RT @ibogost How to codesign a Mac app:
1) Pay Apple $99
2) Install certificates
3) ???? ;???
4) Codesign with codesign --force
5) ?????? ;???????????<
- At 2:45 am I decided I wanted some pancakes, so I looked up a recipe. I AM STILL MAKING PANCAKES. I WILL NEVER BE OUT OF BATTER
- @WolfPupTK Aw, I missed it! ↲
- Theoccasional's Practical Guide to Dealing with Schizophrenia: reddit.com/r/Buddhi...
- @WolfPupTK It's cool, I'll just check out the archive. ↲
- @vogon @pattheflip @nanowrimo_txt But that doesn't add any extra words? ↲
- The 0-hour game jam starts in 2 hours, Pacific time. One hour, Mountain time. Except in Arizona. Sorry, Arizona! 0hgame.eu...
- @Triplefox Hurry up and update Hit Any Game! ↲
- @Triplefox (No, I'm set.) ↲
- @Lokno You're an honorary Arizonan this year. ↲
- Here is my #0hgame this year, about rubber-band racing AI. twinbeard.com/rubbe...
- @Marwood That's actually pretty impressive! ↲
- This sign says "no tocar" but if you're white and don't know Spanish you can totally tocar. I'm pretty sure that sign is racist.
- @daemonpants I'm guessing the sign is still racist ↲
- I just spent an additional half an hour tuning "Rubbery Racers," my 0-hour jam game. It's almost fun now! twinbeard.com/rubbe...
- @lemon5029 We hardly knew ye a thousand times ↲
- RT @textfiles Did you know Ed Fries of Microsoft made a Atari 2600 version of Halo? archive.org/details...
- Found this futuristic triptych of Draggy Ceilingeater's family at the San Jose Flea Market.
- @halsted This is the goal of basically all my games I guess. ↲
- More loot from the San Jose Flea Market: this photo of a Minecraft zombie pińata. twitter.com/mogwai_...
- The player choice in Beyond: Two Souls is so seamless, most players think it's a linear story. playersdelight.blog...
- @IvanDashSmith The one about how the choice doesn't make the writing any less terrible? Yeah. ↲
- @IvanDashSmith I guess Cage has hired writers for his PS4 game, but if he thought his writing was acceptable, how would he know who to hire? ↲
- @IvanDashSmith Yes! A riddle where you'll never be quite sure whether you got it right and there are millions of dollars on the line. ↲
- @zovirl @edclef I think you just need to somehow be made aware it's reactive, without feeling like the designer is elbowing you in the ribs. ↲
- @edclef @zovirl Right. Game design and player savvy have co-evolved so far down the rabbit hole that it's hard to even see anything else. ↲
- RT @HardSciFiMovies A scientist would usurp God, to toy and tinker with the very fabric of life. The resultant kumquats have increased mold resistance.
- RT @HardSciFiMovies A mathematician finds a message encoded in pi. He goes on to prove that all possible messages are encoded in pi an infinite number of times.
- RT @HardSciFiMovies Scientists develop three laws of robotics to ensure machines can never harm man. The market share of robots designed to kill remains at 98%.
- @Steve_Ince @mikeBithell That's not how the term is used in a video game context, unfortunately. ↲
- @MitchyD Sorry for the confusion -- I actually didn't write that article. ↲
- @Steve_Ince @mikeBithell en.wikipedia.org/wi... ↲
- @frank0127 "This is awful," I thought, as I effortlessly sped through what I'd thought would be five minutes of drudgery. ↲
- . @vogon @ztiworoh Once I saw a headline about how the lead parrot of Hatebeak was murdered by a rival parrot bandleader. Then I re-read it. ↲
- RT @MaxGeiger Pants made out of a Möbius strip. pros: technically never get dirty. cons: sometimes you are naked even while wearing them
- @ztiworoh @vogon Dastardly! ↲
- @frank0127 I know, it's the worst! ↲
- @frank0127 No, I do get it. Although for me giving away codes was always hypothetical since everyone I know who plays games gets the bundles ↲
- Join me for Tuesday co-working at The MADE!
- Virus uses audio to communicate across air gaps. arstechnica.com/sec...
- @frank0127 Oh cool! Best of both worlds ↲
- @henkboom Is there a reason simply A-B wouldn't work? ↲
- Can't fail startup idea of the day: stream and review every game in one of those 10000-in-1 NES cartridges.
- @TomBurnsRogers They gave up a year ago! :( ↲
- RT @Triplefox this is a nice series about all the chiptune fx used on 2a03 youtube.com/watch?v...
- Here is a Kickstarter for Windforge, the most exciting game I saw at the Indie Megabooth. kickstarter.com/pro...
- @dannyBstyle @grantkirkhope Once I opened all of @chrisjhampton's works in progress and added a whistle sample to the end of every song. ↲
- RT @usmanm This is a ship-shipping ship, shipping shipping ships. twitter.com/usmanm/...
- @dannyBstyle @grantkirkhope @chrisjhampton That's a bullshit ending. [leading tone] ↲
- @dannyBstyle @grantkirkhope @chrisjhampton Hang on I'm not done [leading tone] ↲
- Here is an interview I did for George London's A* interview series: rogueleaderr.com/po...
- @DLTyrus I wouldn't have had it any other way ↲
- @YouOldSoAndSo @conkerhimself Well yeah but you don't *tell him*. You just subtly bring it up a year later and let him discover it himself! ↲
- @ehahnda I'm excited! ↲
- Sampling is weird. i.minus.com/icxe59T...
- @The_Daily_Net Yes! ↲
- @arara_ Yeah, that's my take on it. ↲
- @squidlarkin Mayyyybe. ↲
- I've been hearing people talking up the PS4 controller. Did they finally put the thumbstick under your thumb?
- @YouOldSoAndSo Well, I'll give it a shot! ↲
- @Vahn16 This is a good death. There's no shame in this. ↲
- @dannyBstyle Still haven't resolved! [leading tone]
- This Radiolab rerun about tumors does a great job shattering the distinction between organic tissue and organisms. radiolab.org/story/...
- In particular, the Henrietta Lacks story, esp. in relation to her family, is utterly fascinating. en.wikipedia.org/wi...
- @YouOldSoAndSo Man, he's even wearing socks. ↲
- @ZoeQuinnzel It's like the anthropic principle. If the setting wasn't scary you wouldn't set a horror game there. ↲
- RT @SIGKILL http://t.co/yhmmhNi1Fm: oh my fuck, a pic of a guy with a microscope on the site, yet nobody with nutrition science background on the team.
- Hmm, neat idea, except when you use your phone, you're staring at the Game Boy's battery compartment. twitter.com/mogwai_...
- Spring into action! vine.co/v/hTmJPOJ2M...
- @pohungchen It's at the San Jose Flea Market! ↲
- @shirejedi That would explain all the rubbing. ↲
- RT @jasonventer When I get half naked with my games, it's just another normal night. When @BenKuchera does, he raises $200 in funding for needy children.
- RT @vihartvihart Hahaha I can't believe Google found a way to make YouTube comments WORSE. I can only understand it as interactive digital performance art
- RT @vihartvihart The choice between linking with G+ and never commenting again is a hilariously easy one. Wonder how long until they stop letting me upload?
- RT @vihartvihart Anyone considering right now where to begin building an online presence has got to be backing away in horror from this mess
- holy crap this blows super mario away bubsy3d.com/... ("bubsyaddict")
- Final days of the Cyan (of "Myst" fame) Kickstarter, and they're at $980k out of $1100k. It's gonna be one of those. kickstarter.com/pro...
- @Lokno Uru was a disaster *because* it was an MMO. This isn't one! ↲
- @zhiwiller Hang on while I reach out of this .NET VM and garrote your CPU. ↲
- @anactualspider @TheMorningSongs @Carin_McLeoud I still haven't figured out ghost mode. ↲
- @mdiehr I KNOW RIGHT ↲
- Join me for Tuesday co-working at The MADE! While I try to get the wifi running again.
- RT @mdiehr @mogwai_poet when bubsy lerped into the coffin I laughed and cried
- RT @KestrelPi Cardiacs were one of the best bands ever to band.
- . @wavenger I swear I can hear it when people say "would of" ↲
- I still haven't figured out ghost mode but I did find this: twitter.com/BubsyCh...
- @Marwood @wavenger I've heard people justify it as deadpan sarcasm. Maybe you could try lying to yourself. ↲
- Speaking of Kickstarters that are almost over and also almost funded, Scale looks pretty incredible. kickstarter.com/pro...
- I looked up the laws for this. Apparently private security is allowed to use exactly this color on private property! vine.co/v/hTmJPOJ2M...
- So the driver's-side selfie I was gonna take with both the light and my duckface in the frame at 70mph would be illegal at least twice.
- @Slumpwuffle It's not too late! We'll probably be here another hour or so. ↲
- One question missing from the FAQ: isn't this a little bit incredibly creepy? carrotdating.com/...
- @nickbreckon @johnnemann Apparently the guy's previous project was seekingarrangements... ↲
- So I guess the first level of Saints Row IV is trying to send up modern FPSes by being about half as over-the-top as recent Calls of Duty?
- Women at tech events: "The only thing worse than when they think you're ugly is when they think you're pretty." medium.com/about-wo...
- @geardrops Yeah. I think another meme at play here is the idea that women are insecure about their looks and need compliments all the time. ↲
- @geardrops Please cater more towards my personal taste in women's appearances. ↲
- @geardrops Just, here, look, here's a photo of my ex-girlfriend. ↲
- @mcclure111 In the early 00s I designed and wrote an emulator for a fake early-80s-era Russian game console. ↲
- @mcclure111 I wanted to make a dozen games for it for people to wonder about but then I remembered how much work making games is. ↲
- @adamctierney @TronKnotts Mario hates jumping. The entire series is the player torturing him. That's how you know it's art. ↲
- @mcclure111 @flangy @zusty It's not a Gone Home reference, but I don't know what it is even after asking Google. ↲
- littleBits, the $160 modular synthesizer that you snap together like Legos. createdigitalmusic....
- @0sn @mcclure111 @flangy @zusty Excellent. So Chomsky's Revenge would be a game about Universal Grammar, right? Ludum Dare here I come! ↲
- @0sn @mcclure111 @flangy @zusty And I don't see anything about a cup controller here, so mysteries continue to tantalize. ↲
- Soren Johnson on having made basically nothing since Civ 5: "How did I lose almost a decade of my professional life?" designer-notes.com/...
- RT @dorseyshaw that's all there is for today, really. twitter.com/dorseys...
- Say, women in the military, what do you think about portrayal of women in video games? jacehallshow.com/ne...
- @IvanDashSmith Yeah, I'm not sure that's the actual cause and effect there. ↲
- @Archfriend The fan base is mostly not in on the joke. Also even within the jokey context, there are lots of tropes played totally straight. ↲
- Game development, ladies and gentlemen! i.imgur.com/ObiYbC6...
- We don't have time to implement an animated spinner to indicate that Gunhouse is loading. Workaround: ask the user to rotate their Vita.
- @Raminibar No, but I have talked about it in various interviews and podcasts. Also I was working on a mystery-in-games talk for maybe-GDC? ↲
- @STRd6 @Bananattack @LouisGorenfeld @Triplefox Is this over already? ↲
- RT @Glinner Saddened to hear news that #BatKid was actually a very short man in his mid-forties. #Batscam #shame
- making video games
- Can't-fail startup idea of the day: electrical pants.
- Real talk: when you're like "that's a little idealistic" and I'm like "idealistic like a *fox*" do you have any idea what I'm talking about?
- RT @killscreen SONG OF HEALING: Can Monolift Soft save Zelda from itself? bit.ly/1bzb2ic...
- @thomasastle Huh. I recognize nothing from that ad except for the background music. (And the phrase in question.) ↲
- @YouOldSoAndSo I'm probably just thinking of every 80s Saturday morning cartoon. ↲
- @Carin_McLeoud Hm, looks like the Simpsons did make that joke. If people think it's a Simpsons allusion that's reason enough to never say it ↲
- Evan is doing an AMA about Windforge over on Reddit: reddit.com/r/IAmA/c...
- Join me for Tuesday co-working at The MADE!
- Even though they used it to create an us vs. them dichotomy, I admire The Hunger Games willingness to portray future fashion as truly weird.
- @CaptainBinky It's all really their work. They're driving the future of fashion. ↲
- @Johnicholas Hm, how far-future was it supposed to be? ↲
- @Triplefox Feel better! ↲
- @CaptainBinky A joke, or primate status jockeying playing out on a global scale. Basically the same thing. ↲
- Okay, I'm going to the Ludum Dare thing at The MADE on Dec. 13th-15th. Who's coming? meetup.com/SF-Bay-A...
- @theonewhogrins Yeah, that's kinda the point. It's all weird unless it's your normal. ↲
- Very apropos that Upworthy spent a slide in their presentation trying to convince themselves they're not bad people. upworthy.com/how-to...
- RT @mcclure111 Sometimes people suggest to me that an OS vendor being able to curate what software ppl can/cant install on an operating system is desirable
- RT @mcclure111 It is literally like I am watching them transform into a monster in front of my eyes
- RT @dan_shure Think anyone's been trying to hack healthcare .gov? twitter.com/dan_shu...
- Going to the West Coast Ragtime Festival this weekend. BALLIN'! westcoastragtime.co...
- Winamp is going away? Are they going to remotely pull the plug somehow on the media player I haven't downloaded an update for in five years?
- @phneri They'll have to pry it from me with their cold dead hands. ↲
- @mikethegratest It's whipping the llama's ass in a better place now. ↲
- First I looked at the PS4 and Xbozone launch lineup and wondered if I was just dead inside. Then I looked at this. giantbomb.com/revie...
- Streaming Rogue Legacy at twitch.tv/mogwaipoe...
- @magic_bane Sorted it out eventually, thanks! ↲
- @daemonpants Hm! If you wanted to, y'know, invite me over, I could maybe come play a game. ↲
- Here's my Rogue Legacy stream from last night. I fix the terrible sound about 17 minutes in. twitch.tv/mogwaipoe...
- Power's out but I still have internet access on my pocket computer. This is the least out outage I've ever had.
- @Triplefox The PG&E outage information hotline still says they expect service to be back up by 10:15. ↲
- Been playing Vice City again. I was gonna say it holds up really well until I started having to retry missions. What a brutal save system.
- @evilbadman I remember The Driver being the subject of a lawsuit. They hired somebody to play the game so the jury could see the story. ↲
- @evilbadman He just couldn't finish the final mission, so the jury had to reach a verdict without seeing the ending. ↲
- @reutunes They fixed helicopter control schemes sometime in the past ten years, too. ↲
- @daemonpants I'm about an hour in and I just beat the first boss. ↲
- What can I say? I'm gifted. 24.media.tumblr.com...
- Carmack officially leaves id. gamasutra.com/view/...
- @YouOldSoAndSo By far, mine too. ↲
- @daemonpants I play a shmups a lot so all I had to do was dodge bullets for two minutes while poking the boss in the eye with a stick. ↲
- RT @YuriyODonnell Game idea that @JasperBekkers and I came up with: text adventure written entirely in a compute shader.
- Interpreting "because noun" as using "because" as a preposition rather than an omission of a preposition is idiotic. Because "except noun."
- @STRd6 Also a smarter and more useful interpretation. ↲
- Analytics mystery: twinbeard.com... got 1500x more referrals from freeindiegam.es today than yesterday, but I can't figure out why.
- @KomradeJack I've never been this confused about this big a spike, though. Usually it's like "oh, a new blog post about my game." ↲
- @KomradeJack That or the Kennedy assassination. ↲
- @berv_ Good question! I'm reluctant to just ask them for a favor out of the blue though. ↲
- The hellshrieks of bedtime.
- @HartLabs Oh cool, thanks! ↲
- @berv_ That was it! It was incoming traffic from NerdCubed. youtube.com/watch?v... ↲
- Not a single street pass at the West Coast Ragtime Festival so far.
- It still weirds me out that there are absolutely no black people here to play or listen to what was a predominately black musical form.
- @vogon Every hypothesis I've come up with is probably horribly racist. ↲
- This performance of Carmen in the boogie woogie idiom reminds me that musicians have been making musical jokes for a very long time.
- I never was comfortable in this house.
- @SpaceBeefJerky They made me promise not to give any context, so I can't even tell you what city it's in! ↲
- @mcclure111 People accidentally type ls lots of places. That's why it's a synonym for "look" in Frog Fractions. ↲
- I got excited enough about swimming rabbits that I think I woke up my roommates. imgur.com/gallery/C...
- It's-a me, the year of Luigi. Luigi finally gets his own 3DS bundle in me, the year of Luigi. joystiq.com/2013/11...
- When you get a job offer like this you either run away, or you slap the HR guy in the face and then run away. lunulata.tumblr.com...
- Huge corporations pull this sort of exploitative shit because bureaucracies have no souls. PA does it because the two owners have no souls.
- @IvanDashSmith Life doesn't have to be like this. It gets better! ↲
- @Lokno Yeah, that was pretty gross too. ↲
- @evilbadman Hey, just because *you* didn't figure out to dive under the pond. ↲
- @agmcleod @davidsgallant linkedin.com/jobs2/... ↲
- @evilbadman Ah, I was interpreting your response as a pot-kettle-black accusation and I came up with a hypothesis on the fly. ↲
- Join me for Tuesday co-working at The MADE!
- RT @hryx Bay Area, don't forget about this Saturday - Hype o'clock Game Dev & Tea Time: meetup.com/SF-Bay-A...
- Do people get addicted to crunch? I'm sort of miserable but also sort of more invigorated than I've felt in maybe years. Just like cutting!
- @ArthG I'm trying to figure out if I should let myself know. ↲
- . @ArthG Getting decent sunlight, exercise. Forcing myself to sleep better than usual. Eating no worse than usual. ↲
- @MrWasteland Hrm. Are you using two different definitions of "addiction" there or are you positing teams having brain-like reward pathways? ↲
- @ArthG Don't I know. ↲
- @mikethegratest For me, ~6-8 hours of "real work" a day. I can't do more than ~4 consistently without getting brain fog. ↲
- @mikethegratest (Working on my own time means I don't have to pretend to work 4 extra hours a day in order to keep being able to do work.) ↲
- @MrWasteland Okay, yeah. I get it, I was just hoping you meant something more specific. ↲
- @dualhammers @MrWasteland Yeah, I want to read about this in long form as well. Twitter sucks for this sort of discussion. ↲
- @Pandawlf I would also put spicy food and "runner's high" in the same category. Pain and stress release endorphins. ↲
- @Pandawlf Yeah, I'm anticipating that. Odd, considering that a couple weeks ago I felt like I just needed this project behind me. ↲
- @Pandawlf Right. In my particular case, it also helps that now I feel the game's coming together reasonably well. Two weeks ago not so much. ↲
- In Mario World, removing Pokey's head wasn't instakill yet, so my exhortations for Yoshi to "EAT HIS FACE! EAT HIS FUCKING FACE!" fell flat.
- @HanFreakinSolo Primer and Europa Report. ↲
- Gentrification: not even once. the-toast.net/2013/...
- @still Happy to visit but I certainly wouldn't want to live there. ↲
- RT @necrosofty Is there a way to list people in the credits who playtested your game without sounding insulting? "Playtest" sounds a bit cheap.
- RT @kleptonin @necrosofty Ludomechanical consultation
- @YouOldSoAndSo ... you can do that? ↲
- I'd just been noticing how much more respect people have had for the Xbox since Microsoft stopped talking about it. eurogamer.net/artic...
- @YouOldSoAndSo !! ↲
- "The Video Game Bundle 2.0, a specially curated set of nine full-length game culture & history books and magazines." storybundle.com/mai...
- RT @icecube A Jeopardy question. LOL. twitter.com/icecube...
- Oh good thanks to wifi_rail I will have this build of Gunhouse uploaded to Dropbox in 3 hours.
- The NSA is watching your porn. Surveillance has always been at least as much about shaming as enforcing overt rules. eff.org/deeplinks/2...
- Maryn McKenna paints a vivid picture of the post-antibiotic future. medium.com/p/892b57...
- "Girl, you must be an epiphany because you are a sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something." tinysubversions.com...
- "Girl, you must be a stepfather because you are the husband of one's mother and not one's natural father."
- @FourbitFriday Yeah, some are *almost* flirting. "Girl, you must be a light because you are mildly dizzy or faint: felt light in the head." ↲
- RT @joshuamelnick @deviever "A third person shooter about Sonic the Hedgehog & misogyny by Twinbeard for the TI-82." I'M PRETTY SURE THIS ONE EXISTS!!!!
- Game development! vine.co/v/hPjvt1bAx...
- Oh, I hadn't realized the "Misery Loves Charity" broken/troll games marathon was this weekend. Happening as we speak: hackerdojo.com/Mise...
| Posted by Anonymous (Jonh Smith) on 2017-12-05 15:07:39 |
Best Quickbooks Support Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Help @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Support @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Support Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Tech Support Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Tech Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Technical Support Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Technical Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
Quickbooks Customer Support Number @ https://www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com/
| Posted by Anonymous (Jonh Smith) on 2017-12-05 15:14:40 |
Best Sage Support Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Help @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Support @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Support Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Support Phone Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Tech Support Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Tech Support Phone Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Technical Support Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Technical Support Phone Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
Sage Customer Support Number @ https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/
| Posted by Anonymous (Jonh Smith) on 2017-12-05 15:31:42 |
Best Quicken Support Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Help @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Support @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Support Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Tech Support Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Tech Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Technical Support Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Technical Support Phone Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/
Quicken Customer Support Number @ https://www.quickenaccountingsolution.com/